SeniorAdvice.com Fall 2017 Senior Caregiver Scholarship
The SeniorAdvice.com Caregiver Scholarship winner for Fall 2017 has been chosen. Brianna Chandra, who is attending University of California San Diego, will receive a $1,000 for her caregiving experience.
Brianna has been a caregiver for her grandfather since she was a freshman in high school. Her experience caring for her grandfather “has truly made her a better person.” It has changed her outlook on life and she doesn’t take a moment for granted. She has gained more appreciation for life and for spending time with family.
Brianna will be studying human development in college and her goal is to become an elementary school teacher. She has learned a lot from taking care of her grandfather and will carry these lessons over into her future career. She explained that her grandfather has taught her love and patience and she hopes to carry over these qualities in her relationships with her future students. She has worked her entire academic life and is very thankful to receive the scholarship.
See Brianna’s full scholarship submission video below.
- Lori Thomas has decades of experience as a caregiver. Her writing for SeniorAdvice.com is informed by years of research as well as hands-on family experience caring for her now late mother, who had chronic health issues for most of her life. Lori is an integral part of the SeniorAdvice.com management team, acting as Vice President of Marketing and Chief Editor.
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingYour Guide to Long-Distance Grandparenting
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingHome Design Tips for People Struggling With Sight
- 2020.02.20General Senior LivingSpring Cleaning Tips for Seniors
- 2020.02.20General Senior Living16 Great Exercises Seniors Can Do Outside This Spring